Did you know that pineapple is an effective natural remedy for cough? The nutrients in pineapple juice may help in soothing the symptoms of a cough or cold.
In one 2010 study, it was found that pineapple juice was part of an effective treatment for tuberculosis, due to its ability to soothe the throat and dissolve mucus. According to the study, a mixture of honey, pineapple juice, pepper and salt reduced cough symptoms up to 5 times faster than those over-the-counter or OTC cough syrup.
1. Pineapple Juice, Honey, Ginger With Cayenne Pepper
1 cup pineapple juice
1 piece of ginger (approximately 3 inches)
1 tablespoon organic honey
1 pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender.
2. Drink a qusrter cup at least 3 times daily.
2. Pineapple Strawberry Popsicles
Popsicles can help in soothing the throat. Added to that are the strawberries, which are packed with immune-boosting vitamin C.
2 cups chopped strawberries
1 cup pineapple chunks
3/4 cup pineapple juice
1. Pour the mixture into the popsicle molds.
2. Place in the freezer until solid.