Women are always looking for ways to keep signs of aging at bay. Most tend to use various anti-aging creams and serums to fight off wrinkles while others rely on facial treatments to retain smooth and young looking skin. But sometimes, the beauty products that we lather on our skin can cause product buildup to occur hence more damage to the skin. If you want to avoid this, sometimes using natural ingredients can yield better results such as in the case of rice water.
Rice water can be created by boiling some water then adding a cup of rice and boil using low heat for about 20 minutes. Strain the solution to remove the rice grains and keep the water in a bottle for application later on. If you are wondering what beauty uses are linked to rice water, here are some examples.
- Skin toner. Rice water contains certain compounds that can reduce pores, boost UV ray protection, and help get rid of dead skin cells from the surface of the skin which makes it a good substitute for those commercial toners that we are so fond of. To use rice water as your toner, dip a cotton ball into the rice water and apply it on your face. Make sure that you have washed your face to remove any dirt, sweat, and makeup. Leave the rice water on as you sleep. You can repeat this application on a daily basis.
- Acne treatment. Acne can be a cause for discomfort in many cases not to mention embarrassment when it flares up. Scarring can also be an issue but not when you use rice water. This natural ingredient can help reduce scarring caused by acne. Rice water can also help soothe your irritated skin and can tighten your pores even to prevent buildup.
- Conditioner. If you want to have strong, healthy, and shiny hair, you can try washing your hair with rice water in place of your store-bought hair conditioners. To use this beauty treatment, wash your hair with plenty of rice water and leave it on for a few minutes. Rinse with warm water afterwards. What’s great about this hair treatment is that you can repeat it at least three times a week.
- Brightens skin. For those whose skin appears dull, washing with rice water can help revitalize your skin. Rice water contains several vitamins and minerals that can work their way deep into your skin to heal and rejuvenate from the inside out.
- Eczema treatment. If you are dealing with eczema, you can try using rice water to soothe your skin. Eczema sufferers often have to deal with irritation, itching, and dryness which is why using a natural treatment can help ease the discomfort that you are experiencing. All that you have to do is to rub some rice water on the affected areas at least two to three times in a day. You can repeat this daiy to get relief from your skin condition