Ever wondered how ancient people used to have clear skin with long and shiny hair? The reason is Rice Water! Yes, rice water contains all the essential nutrients that are required by our skin and hair. It helps in fighting the signs of aging and makes our face glow. It also makes our hair shiny and long.
HOW IS RICE WATER PREPARED
- Take 250 gms of washed rice in a saucepan.
- Now, add 3 glasses of water to the saucepan and put it on the stove.
- Now, turn on the heat and wait till the rice is boiled.
- Once the rice is boiled, turn off the gas.
- Strain the rice water and wait till it cools down.
- And your rice water is prepared now, store this water in a tumbler or jar.
So let’s find out the benefits and uses of rice water for skin and hair:
BENEFITS OF RICE WATER FOR SKIN
- TREATS ACNE
Rice water helps in treating the acne and pimple problem. It has anti-inflammatory properties which help in soothing the skin. Not only this, it also helps in getting rid of acne scars as well. It helps in healing the breakouts and reduces redness as well.
- FIGHTS SIGNS OF AGING
Regular use of rice water makes your face glow. It removes the pigmentation and heals the wrinkles and fine lines. It helps in lifting up your skin and thus makes you look younger.
- FACE TONER
Rice water contains all the essential nutrients that help in cleaning out the pores properly. Thus it works as a great face toner. It provides an even tone to your skin and makes your face look radiant and clear. Apply rice water on your face using a cotton ball daily and leave it overnight for best results.
- LIGHTENS THE SKIN
It helps in skin lightening as well, as it deeply cleanses the skin, removes the dark spots and treats pigmentation. It nourishes the skin and gives you a lighter skin tone.
HOME REMEDIES FOR SKIN
- Rice water: 2 tbsp
- Multani mitti: 1 tbsp
- Lemon: 1/2
- In a tablespoon of Multani mitti, add 2 tablespoons of rice water.
- Mix the two ingredients properly.
- Now, squeeze half a lemon into this mixture and again give it a stir.
- Apply this mixture on your face and let it dry for 20 minutes.
- Now, rinse off your face with normal water and pat dry.
- Do this remedy every alternate day for 2 months.
Rice water and Multani mitti together help in getting rid of the acne as rice water has essential nutrients and Multani mitti has anti-inflammatory properties. Lemon has antioxidants and vitamin C, thus it stimulates the process of acne removal.
FOR FIGHTING SIGNS OF AGING
- Rice water: 1 tbsp
- Aloe vera leaf: 1
- Slit an aloe vera leaf into 2 halves and extract the gel out of it.
- Collect the extracted gel in a bowl and add 1 tablespoon of rice water to it.
- Mix the 2 ingredients together.
- Massage this mixture on your face in circular motion and wait till it dries.
- Sleep with this mixture on your face.
- The next morning, wash your face with normal water.
- Do this remedy 3 times a week for 2 months, for best results.
BENEFITS OF RICE WATER FOR HAIR
- CONDITIONS THE HAIR
The rice water acts as a natural conditioner and conditions the hair very well. It heals the dull and damaged hair and adds extra shine to them. It makes your hair healthy as it supplies the hair with all the essential nutrients required by them.
- TREATS SPLIT ENDS
The rice water helps in reducing the split ends. Not only it heals the split ends but also prevents them from coming back in future.
HOME REMEDIES FOR HAIR
FOR HAIR CONDITIONING
- Rice water: 2 tbsp
- Banana: 1
- Chop a banana into small pieces and then mash it properly.
- Now, add 2 tablespoons of rice water to the mashed banana and mix them properly.
- Apply this mixture to your scalp and to your hair from root to tip.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes, then rinse your hair with normal water.
- Afterwards, shampoo your hair with a mild cleanser and normal water.
- Do this remedy once a week for best results.
Rice water and banana together works best for conditioning the hair. Banana adds shine tot he hair and similarly, rice water treats the damages hair and adds shine to them.
FOR SPLIT ENDS
- Rice water: 1 bowl
- Wash your hair with a cleanser and normal water.
- Then, dip the tips of your hair in a bowl full of rice water.
- Let your hair absorb the rice water for 10 minutes.
- Then wash your hair under running water.
- Do this remedy 2 times a week for 3 months for effective results.